SECPRE release from February 2013
Mar 1, 2013 2:01:48 PM
- Cosmetic surgery should be operated only specialists in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. "Cosmetic surgery is another facet of the field of activity covers doctors who hold the official title of Specialist in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery," according to Supreme Court ruling 15/07/05.
- The specialty of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery is a specialist degree official (MIR of 5 years).
- The cosmetic surgeon is equivalent to plastic surgeon, cosmetic, restorative, as part of their degree.
- This does not mean regulated specialty courses, workshops, master or cosmetic surgery because they do not provide training, education and duration sufficient for qualification in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Doing either of these courses does not demonstrate the qualifications or knowledge necessary to practice as a plastic surgeon or cosmetic.
- Patients who undergo cosmetic surgery with a doctor who does not have the official title of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery are getting into the hands of a professional is not legally accredited.
- From SECPRE is recommended for all patients who are considering undergoing cosmetic surgery require the official title of doctor specializes in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, it is the only way to ensure that will be treated by a trained professional .
- The SECPRE and its members appreciate the immense effort that perform informative media on cosmetic surgery. It also shows the best of provisions to provide accurate and authoritative information in this medical specialty.
Posted in The Latest