The AHA is the acid fruit of smaller molecular chain , allowing it to penetrate the skin faster and deeper layers of the skin.
Glycolic acid has an exfoliating and moisturizing function, is absorbed quickly through the skin and facilitates the removal of layers of dead cells on the surface , revealing a fresh , youthful and rejuvenated skin .
Glycolic acid facilitates the peeling of the surface layers of the stratum corneum of the skin , reducing the cohesion of the corneocytes . The stratum corneum ( dead cells) is refined and a thicker epidermis ( cell renewal) appears .
It also helps that creams penetrate better thus maximizing their effect so often used in conjunction with other therapies to treat skin problems.
The main properties of glycolic acid are:
- Gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and regenerating .
- Removes stains caused by sun , aging , severe acne , etc. .
- Removes lines and forehead lines , the angle of the mouth , etc.
- Acne Cures fiber in restoring damaged skin tissue , healing wounds and deleting them .
- Moisturizes and keeps skin fresh avoiding premature aging, giving light and beautifying faces off.
- Protects collagen and elastin .
In cosmetics, it is used in concentrations of between 8% and 25% and with a pH of between 3.8 and 4.2 . The epidermal level results are the first to be seen with a smooth, soft skin and smooth from the first applications . A long-term results can be observed in the dermis resulting in a reduction in wrinkle depth