With the arrival of summer, we change our lifestyle, we went over the countryside and the beach, where there are many insectos.Todo this makes us more vulnerable to insect sting or bite it, but in most cases only cause mild to moderate discomfort in sensitive people it may cause more severe allergic reactions.
There are also frequent reactions by contact with jellyfish, sea urchins and fish contact buried in the sand that can cause nagging injuries as the spider fish.
The problems that can cause these animals are due to: the irritant or toxin sensitivity animal as each of us has to the substance or toxin, as well as the risk of infection in the same itself.
GENERAL ADVICE IN CASE OF STING
Wash the area with soap and water and disinfect with an antiseptic, in the case of jellyfish and sea urchins washed with salt water only.
If the animal has left some type of residue on the bite and sting, a tentacle or spine, etc. ,, Remove it carefully.
In general, apply local cold for pain, except injuries caused by fish of the genus Trachinus, whose venom is inactivated by heat.
Check with your pharmacist to advise you the most appropriate treatment depending on the type of injury and symptoms.
If symptoms are severe as dizziness, extensive reaction, hardening of the area, difficulty breathing, etc. , Go to the emergency.
Ask for advice on tetanus vaccination.
In case of severe sting allergies, consult your doctor whether to bring a container auto-injectable epinephrine.
WHAT NEVER TO DO
- Make a cut to "poison out"
- Suck the poison
- Place a tourniquet
- Apply ice directly on the skin, because although pain relief may damage the skin.
- Any bite in infants or children should be monitored especially.
- In bites mouth or larynx should always seek medical advice.
- Wear long-sleeved clothes and cover your legs, especially at sunset, although the tiger mosquito bites any time of day.
- Use insect repellents
- Use mosquito nets.
Bees - Wasps
- Avoid approaching the combs, sites with flowers and garbage.
- Use long sleeves and legs.
- Do not make sudden movements and do not try to scare them by hand.
- Do not use perfumes or dresses in bright colors.
- Attend to the notices of the lifeguards on the beach and not swim when jellyfish alert.
- Monitor when you walk through the sea, sometimes there are jellyfish that have been washed ashore and is easy to step on them without realizing it.
- Photoprotective creams can function as a small barrier that softens the effects.
Foto By James Gathany [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons